Tuesday, February 19, 2008

J&K + 8

So my latest favorite TV show is Jon & Kate + 8 (http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/jon-and-kate/jon-and-kate.html). Very rarely do I make an effort to watch a show every week, yet this show is one of them. Here is a quick synopsis for those of you unfamiliar with the show. The daily lives of Mom + Dad + 8 kids (1 set twins, 1 set sextuplets) make an excellent reality show.

Why do I like this show? The show appeals to me on multiple levels. Not surprisingly considering we have twins coming, observing how 2 parents raise 8 kids is enlightening and instructive. I make mental notes of how they handle stressful situations, disagreements between parents, temper tantrums, crying kids, arguments between kids, etc. On another level, I think the show is good, wholesome, family entertainment. You know a show is pretty tame when references to "poopy" and "unnawear" are as dirty as it gets. Shannon and I will put severe limits on the amount of TV our kids watch (if any at all), but I think I would make an exception for this show. Finally, this show has to be the one of the funniest on TV right now. Tired of the same boring sitcoms? Cosntant discussion on news channels about Iraq and stock market woes have you depressed? Watch this show and I promise you'll be laughing, if not laughing hysterically. IMOH, a great way to end a Monday evening.

My only request.....paying attention TLC people? I wish they'd put the episodes on DVD. They are in Season 4 (I think) and it is hard to catch-up on previous seasons.

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

If they ever get it onto DVD I might bite.

I refuse to watch TV now on the "real" TV, anyway!

It does sound like a lot of fun! Well, I'm not sure having 8 kids would be fun, but, the show, I mean!

Analee said...

that show is cute. their house reminds me of my sister's house, and she only has 3 (with 1 on the way)!