Thursday, February 28, 2008

Darn Amy and her On-Line Questionnaires ;-)

Tired of those same old 55 questions about me surveys?
Well here are 55 I guarantee you've never answered. (Or so they say!)
1. Are you taller than your best friend?
Actually, I am about the same height as my college best friend. I am taller than most ladies, but have a few friends now that I do not feel like Amazon woman around.
2. Do you have a favorite type of pen?
I like felt-tip pens the best.
3. Look at your planner for March 7th, what are you doing?
We are having another detailed anatomical ultrasound done of the twins!!!
4. What color are your toe nails usually?
Unpainted because I am lousy at doing my own nails and cannot justify going to a spa being a single-income family with twins on the way. My sis sent me a gift certificate for Bella Trio Spa for Valentine’s Day, though, so I think that I am going to indulge before our baby shower so that I feel somewhat pretty even though I have a huge pot belly at the moment!!!
5. What was the last thing you highlighted?
Probably some financial paperwork. We have been tracking all of our expenses and investments in MS Money so that we can budget more efficiently and effectively.
6. What color are the curtains in your bedroom?
White blinds and white curtains.
7. What color are the seats in your vehicle?
Tan.
8. Have you ever had a black and white cat?
Tweedle is all black except for a spot of white on his belly…almost looks like pubic hair!!!
9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on?
A bill…UGH!!!
10. Do you know anyone who lives in Wyoming?
No.
11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time?
Actually, oddly enough, I never get cash out…Jon does. He withdrew $20 to lend to our across-the-street neighbor, Shirley, who is elderly and on a fixed income. The woman for whom she babysits put off paying her AGAIN. It makes me so mad that someone would take advantage of such a nice and honest woman. Shirley feels that she can’t force the situation because she does need the extra cash to supplement SS, but I almost want to wring the woman’s neck every time I see her. OK, I had better stop or else the Karma gods will punish me.
12. Who is the last baby that you held?
I honestly do not remember. Even though I have played with Kendal, my nephew, recently, I don’t think that I HELD him. Of course, I am CARRYING Jacqueline and Sophie 24-7. Does that count?
13. Can you spell well?
Yes, and I am actually pretty anal about spelling and grammar.
14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste?
Toothpaste is one of the few things, like catsup, that I have NEVER strayed from a favorite brand. I am a Crest Gel girl. So, I don’t think that I have ever even tried cinnamon toothpaste.
15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago?
Either the Volvo station wagon or a Ford passenger van, depending on what I was doing.
16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators:
You’ve got to be kidding…
17. Last time you went to Six Flags?
Oh, sometime when I was a kid, I remember my parents taking us to Dallas for shopping and Six Flags over Texas.
18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house?
Yes, in one room (dining room), and it will be staying at one room too…Jon knows why!!!
19. Closest thing to you that is yellow?
The stars and moons on my new PJs that I will blog about later.
20. Last person you gave a business card to?
Oh, I have no earthly idea…that seems like a lifetime ago.
21. Who is the last person you wrote a check to?
EPM Lawn Care, not that it seems to matter…the lawn will continue to look like crap until we get out of this drought.
22. Closest framed picture to you?
Jon’s and my engagement photo – 1992.
23. Last time you had someone cook for you?
Jon made veggie quesadillas on Tuesday night. I had three…my eating capacity continues to shock and amaze Jon. He teases me in front of all of our friends.
25. How many emails do you get in your inbox daily (excluding spam)?
Gosh, depending on the day and what is going on, about 30 to 50.
26. Last time you received flowers?
In October from Jon. This is going to sound weird, but one of the techniques that I learned in my fertility mind-body class was visualization. It was suggested to me by my clinical psychologist to visualize my uterus as a flower waiting to accept the transferred embryos. Jon got me some irises to help me with my visualization practice. Sounds kinda hokey, but I was very relaxed this procedure and beyond and it worked so I am not going to knock it!!! Of course, once I was confirmed to be pregnant, I started to panic and worry…maybe I need to practice some visualization again.
28. Do you play air guitar?
No. But, I will suggest the documentary “Air Guitar Nation” to anyone in need of a good laugh. I saw it at two Full Frames ago. Try Netflix-ing it.
29. Has anyone ever proposed to you?
Yes!!! Just the most wonderful man in the whole entire world. That was a little over 15 years ago. Phew!!!
30. Do you take anything in your coffee?
Coffee?!?! What is that?!?! It has been so long I cannot remember!!!
31. Do you own any Willow Tree figurines?
???
32. What is/was your high school's mascot?
Zebra…don’t ask.
33. Last person you spoke to from high school?
Al Chandler, who we used to call Big Al. He is our Form Agent, and he called me to get me to donate to the Annual Fund.
34. Last time you used hand sanitizer?
Almost three weeks ago at the doctor’s office. We were there for a detailed anatomical ultrasound of the twins. Jon had the flu. I touched something he touched…I was a little paranoid, but I am very happy to have dodged that particular bullet.
35. Would you like to learn to play the drums?
Actually, I thought that it would be really fun when I was a teenager.
36. What color are the blinds in your living room?
Wood.
38. Last thing you read in the newspaper?
An article about how New Hanover County settled with the family of a young man whom was shot through a door during a raid by a sheriff’s deputy.
39. What was the last pageant you attended?Duke Park Neighborhood Association’s Beaver Dam Pageant…again, don’t ask!!!
40. Where is the last place you bought pizza from?
Costco.
41. Have you ever worn a crown?
Nope.
42. What is the last thing you stapled?
Probably some sort of financial paperwork from the quickly dwindling stack of papers that Jon and I had to organize out of the nursery room.
43. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi?Nope.
44. Are you ticklish?
Yes.
45. Last time you saw fireworks?
We see them (and hear them) every Friday and Saturday home game of the Durham Bulls.
46.Last time you ate Krispy Kreme donuts?
It had to be when I was still working at the Archdale Building. I have to admit, though, that I had a horrible craving for Entemann’s doughnuts last week. The Food Nazi said no.
47. Last person that im'd you, and you actually responded?
I have actually never IM’d, and can count the number of times I have texted on one hand. Personally, at $0.10 a text, I think that it is a waste of money. I mean, you already pay for phone service, why not just call the person and talk to them in real life? Plus, I find it really annoying that people do it in polite conversation, during meetings, etc. Call me old-fashioned, but I think that IMing and texting (almost like e-mail and blogs, though clearly I partake) are just another excuse for people to avoid face-to-face interaction with each other. Nothing can beat that, and I think that it is sad that we, as a society, use time management as an excuse to avoid such interaction. OK, I’ll get off my soapbox now…especially, since I am probably the worst correspondent in the whole entire world so maybe my reticence to join the 21st century is the problem. I am trying to get better, though.
48. Last time you parked under a carport?
I have no earthly idea!!!
49. Do you have a black dog?
Of course…who can forget Raven!!!
51. Are you an aunt or uncle?
An aunt four times (all by marriage)…about to be five this summer with a first blood niece/nephew.
52. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of?
My father has the biggest greenest eyes of anyone I know!!! It is too bad that he is so myopic so that everyone could see them in their full glory. He looks distinguished in his glasses anyway.
53. Last time you saw a semi truck?
Again, I have no earthly idea!!! I will blame that on pregnancy brain…I can only focus on one task at a time. In the car, that means I am concentrating on driving because I have had a couple of scary moments when I could not remember getting somewhere, etc.
54. What is the last song you belted out in the car?
I cannot remember!!!
55. Do you have a little black dress?
I have several…pre-pregnancy, they were little but now they are not so little!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

Sorry about these surveys. People just keep sending them to me. Probably because they know I almost always answer them!

BTW, when you go to Bella Trio for your nails, ask for Jeanette. I've been going to her for six months or so now and she's great.
And, She has a daughter named Sophie!

And, finally, congrats to Tara (I DID read that correctly, right?)