Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Babies 'R' Us Registry Fixed - Babcia Saves the Day!!!

My Mom calls this morning and asks if I knew that our registry for Babies ' R' Us cannot be accessed on line. I told her that I didn't realize that until this weekend when I was trying to update it. I called their technical support who told me that they could pull it up just fine (doesn't really help ME now, does that?). They told me to try again. After three tries, it worked, but it is inconsistent. The only consistent method was to call it up by registry number. Well, what a pain in the butt! How are we going to let people know our registry number? Plus, how tacky! I mean it almost sounds like we are grubbing for presents if we send everyone out the registry number...though presents are very nice and fun and very much needed and appreciated, I am completely satisfied if people just come to our shower and share in our happiness or send a well wishes card once the girls arrive. Ok, well maybe not...but you know what I mean. :-)

So, Mom asks if I would like her to take care of it because, more than likely, I was just too nice (she is probably right). Well, she calls back a little bit later saying that she spoke directly to the VP of Information Technology for the entire Toys 'R' Us company and told him about the problem and that his staff was distinctly unhelpful. She said that she expected him to personally see that the problem be fixed today and to see that both she and I be called back when it was fixed. If it was not fixed, she would drive to corporate headquarters, which are in Wayne NJ, and park herself outside the CEO's office until it was resolved. Needless to say, I received a call from the VP's secretary at 10:25 a.m. saying that the problem was fixed. Yup, I checked it...everything is a-ok!!! You can now search by my or Jon's name in addition to registry number. All, I have to say is "GO MOM!!!"

I know that it is probably a little sad at 37 years of age that my mommy needs to help me out. But, I have to admit that she just has a knack for getting things done and woe be unto whomever doesn't keep up their end of the bargain. I have tried to emulate her, but I just fail miserably. It is like I have something tattooed on my forehead that people can see that I am bluffing and have wimpy tendencies. Of course, maybe that is my problem. My Mom wasn't bluffing! I sincerely think that she would have driven to Wayne, NJ and confronted the CEO tomorrow if she was not satisfied! I guess that she was a good mama bear and she is going to be even a fiercer grandma bear!!!

Oh, and for those of you who don't know, Babcia is "Grandma" in Polish. "Grandpa" is Dziadek (pronounced "Jajo"). We are thinking of calling my parents this not only to differentiate them from Grandma and Grandpa T., but also to honor my Polish heritage.

2 comments:

Analee said...

in ah, 4 months or so you'll have that MOMMIE power down pat.

Mrs. B said...

Wow. From now on, I'm directing all of my problems to your mom!