Friday, June 6, 2008

Tick-Tock

Okay. The wait is becoming excruciating! I can't focus at work, unless in a meeting or working on a crisis. I'm doing better now that I have a beer in hand while at Federals.

I do find reading takes my mind off the "wait." Other than that, I seem to be restless all the time. Fidgety, ADD symptoms, lack of concentration.....I suffer from them all.

It's kinda like how it was waiting to marry Shannon. I had an entire week to chill in Texas. The difference is I was able to hang with college friends and drink excessive amounts of beer. Can't do that now. My one fear is the girls coming after I've had a couple. I don't do well w/o much sleep....add a couple beers and see what happens. I'm sure the adrenaline will kick-in when the time comes.

Let's digress. Anyone ever wonder why I call Shannon by the nickname "Smohr". First, I had to give Shannon a nickname. It was a college tradition of mine (and I presume everyone elses....great idea for a blog entry if anyone needs a topic). Shannon was easy. Take her maiden name: Mohr. Add the "S" from Shannon and voila! By coincidence it also happens to be a homonym with the best camping treat of all time! Anyone remember Camp Chimichaunga, Chickamauga, or whatever that campground near San Diego was called (Cucamonga, I think)? Ahem, don't touch the red hot coat hangers used to roast the marshmallows!

Anyway, like all terms of endearment, the name stuck. Now it has reached the point where "Smohr" is used in everyday conversation. "Shannon" is only used when I'm upset with her. That doesn't happen very often, I might add.

Anyway, time to return home and play the waiting game.

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

It's like the night before Christmas when you are 8 or 9 years old, or, the night before going to Disneyland (when you are any age old) or the night before heading off on a vacation; or, the night before the last day of school for the summer...all good things one must wait for (it seems), but all good things eventually arrive!
:-)
And, unlike the things I just mentioned, these two "things" won't be over the next day or week!

Doc said...

Trust me, you'll be able to stay awake that entire night. Ana went into labor at 5 pm, after a loooong day of work and I didn't get to sleep until 5:30 am. Plus, I only slept until 6, as the nurse brought Kendal back to the room and checked on Ana.

Get used to not sleeping. I remember feeding K at 3:00 am sometimes and barely staying awake. I'm sure both Ana and I fell asleep with him while he fed, then he'd fall asleep. One time I came in the room and both Ana and K were asleep with a bottle dripping on the bed.

As for the hot clothes hangers, I remember that incident all too well!