Friday, June 6, 2008

May Books

I read only 1 book, again, in May.

I must admit I started 2 others, but gave up after 100 pages. Sorry, I can't remember the titles or authors. Both were Sci-Fi so I doubt any of my loyal readers may accidentally choose these books.

The book I did read: Ice Limit by the esteemed duo of Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston. Why do I keep returning to this duo? Entertaining w/o the need for many IQ points is why.

This book was quite enjoyable until the last 30 pages. Good action, interesting characters, and just enough Sci-Fi to keep me hooked. The ending...well, let's just say their attempt to avoid being stereotypical was disappointing. If this book was made into a movie, the studio would develop 3 or 10 different endings and they all would leave the audience wondering "what?".

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

I just finished a Narnia chronicle; the one before Prince Caspian. It was so-so.

Now I am reading "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" which is making me want to return to Savannah.

Alas, we probably won't be heading back there for a few years.

Mrs. B said...

PS

Wow, three Blog entries in a row! You REALLY must be antsy!