Sunday, June 8, 2008

Beer Review #2


Beer: Shining Rock Lager from Highland Brewing Company, Asheville NC

A seasonal Maibock available in May at Sam's Quik Shop

Occasion: Amy & Mark's kitchen after 5 minutes of work to cut wood for the nursery AC unit. The 100 F heat necessitated 2 hours conversation and beer.

First Impression: I was not impressed by my first sip...my mistake. The aroma of the spicy noble hops caught my attention.

Aroma: Reminded me of spring...floral & spicy.

Taste: Wicked combination of malts was very complex. Light on the palate with the spicy/alcohol finish.

Overall Impression: A very nice Maibock. One of the better Maibock's I have tasted. I think the front was a little too complex; I was overwhelmed by too many flavors.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

What about the Bud Light Lime?

:-)