Sunday, April 20, 2008

Nursery

NIGHTSTAND

DRESSER
ARMOIRE

Well, the furniture for the nursery arrived 1 week ago. I supervised the delivery with mixed results. I successfully guided the deliverymen as they carried the furniture upstairs without destroying any walls or the bannister. However, I failed to note two BIG issues with the furniture itself.

1. The furniture was not painted properly. In fact, all 3 pieces had different color schemes. The nightstand was painted properly. The dresser and armoire were not. Can you tell the difference?

2. Notice anything about the armoire (besides the paint)? Does it look more like a dresser? Why yes, it does. The top, "wardrobe" portion of the armoire was either left on the truck by the deliverymen or was not shipped with the other pieces. Everyone, including me, saw 4 "pieces" on the manifest and 4 "pieces" were delivered. Oops!

I partly blame myself for not noticing these issues and rejecting the furniture. I should have noticed the color schemes did not match and the armoire top was missing. I should have asked Smohr to remind me of the details about what we were to recieve. Although, I was awfully excited to receive the furniture and happy the house did not get damaged.

Anyway, Shannon has talked with the store and called the manufacturer. We are not getting many answers. Our current best guess is the armoire and dresser will be replaced at no charge. I'm not sure what happened to the top half of the armoire. I keep forgetting to ask Shannon.

I would prefer the manufacturer just send someone with the new drawers and top to the dresser. There is no need to replace all the pieces, only the drawers and dresser top. The drawers are easy to swap. The dresser top is more difficult, but still much easier than carrying the old back downstairs and hauling the new, correct dresser upstairs.

3 comments:

Mrs. B said...

It's always something, ain't it?

Doc said...

Is it just me or did about 5 blogs just come out of nowhere? For the longest time the only blog showing was the "middle name" vote...

Are you guys interested in using the cradle Dad built? His intent was to pass it along to whoever needed it, yet, you have two on the way.

Let me know if you'd like to use it!

Miriam said...

Could you ask them maybe for a quart of an exact match paint and replicate the technique used to paint the bedside table? Just a thought, you're pretty handy and that might be a fast way to solve at least that issue...plus you would have paint that you could use to tie in other elements in the nursery.