Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Whoops!

OK, so I just realized last night that it is probably not a good thing at 25 weeks and expecting twins to call your husband out of the blue on his cell phone during the day while he is on a business trip just to pass on the news that your good friends have just had THEIR babies. I was fully expecting to leave a voice mail message but was surprised when he answered. I, of course, was excited because I was supposed to meet Janice earlier for coffee after her regular OB appointment. She never called, and I just assumed that her OB appointment went over such that she ran out of time and had to pick up her older son from pre-school. Well, her husband, Tom, called and apologized for her missing it (to which I replied I understood having spent my fair share in the OB's office myself recently)...he said that the OB appointment wasn't the reason. Her water broke at 8 p.m. on Monday night, and they delivered a handsome baby boy at 2 a.m. Wow!!! Jon didn't sound that excited, which kinda confused me. Well, my pregnancy-brained mind finally figured out that he saw the home number, freaked, and answered in despite of what was going on (i.e., meeting with a client, etc.) and, therefore, didn't not have time for chatting once he found out that there was not an emergency with me. All I can say is whoops! I suppose that I need to be more sensitive to this in the future.

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Yeah...I suppose one would have to think before dialing...but...you were excited! He was probably just relieved that you were ok!

Analee said...

i remember those days of saying "no i'm not in labor BUT..." every time i called someone.

maybe you can start doing that. as soon as someone answers, just say it. that way you get it out of the way. :)