Tuesday, June 7, 2011

123 Imagine!

What: 123 Imagine. A Sesame Street show starring Elmo, Cookie Monster, Bert, Ernie, and all the other main characters.

Where: RBC Center

When: last Saturday, 10:30 AM

Who: Jacqueline, Sophie, Dad, Mom

Why: Another early birthday present.

Liked:

1. Zero crowd at the early show. Maybe 1,500 people. A good piece of the arena was closed. The usher said capacity was 5000. With the small crowd, we scored really good seats.

2. Have to love the Count...."ah....ah....ah" Who is your favorite character?

3. The music and story were just right for toddlers with enough "adult" music that parents stayed entertained. The rendition of "Surfin Safari" was particularly fun. Music was not too loud either.

4. Seeing Jacqueline and Sophie smile and clap for about 80 minutes.


Unfriend

1. $10 for parking? On a Saturday morning with no crowd? Have to be kidding. If I was thinking, I would have parked near the football stadium. I heard parking was free there.

2. Parents that texted and emailed during the entire show. Enjoy the time with your kids!

3. According to Jacqueline and Sophie, there was not enough Elmo. I guess we know who their favorite character is.

Ambivalent

1. Beer was for sale during the show. Not sure how I feel about that one. Seems wrong to sell beer during a Sesame Street show. I did not see anyone imbibe at 10:30 AM. But, if you wanted a beer it was available.

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

Beer probably available for those parents who didn't really want to be there.

As for texting/emailing thing,this is FAST becoming one of my pet peeves and not just when people do it at a show. I'm tired of people half listening to me while they either text or read texts.