Monday, February 2, 2009

Things I Have Learned #1

This installment is the first in a very occasional series of posts to describe interesting (or not interesting) facts, tidbits and similar items I have learned from family and friends. So, without further adieu......

This tidbit is courtesy of Nathaniel (aka Doc).

Did you know that filling your soda cup with 95% diet Pepsi and 5% Dr. Pepper (fully loaded, not diet) makes your drink taste like Dr. Pepper without all the calories? I do this whenever I'm at a self-serve soda fountain (like today at the RTI cafeteria) and diet Pepsi and Dr. Pepper are available. Delicious! Unfortunately, the trick does not seem to work as well with diet Coke.

4 comments:

Doc said...

If I remember correctly, I showed that trick to you at the Bear Rock Cafe off of Wake Forest Rd.

Glad to hear that trick stuck with you.

Sadly, Ana thinks I'm crazy for doing it, but man, it TASTES like Dr. Pepper with 5% of the calories!

Mrs. B said...

So...does this mean you drink Diet Dr. Pepper if it is available?

Analee said...

you and your crazy suicide-making brother. i'll stick with regular coke.

Jon said...

Yes, you are correct Doc. That lunch was several years ago.

Amy...I never, never drink diet Dr. Pepper. Nasty!