Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Here Comes the Sun (Not!)

The holiday season officially starts this week. I, like many others, love the hoildays. The music, lights, festivities, and good cheer truly lift my spirits.

However, there is one aspect of this time of year that really depresses me. From now until about end of January, on most days the only time I'll see the sun is during my 15 minute drive to work in the morning. Most of the problem is caused by the fact my office and my building does not have any windows. (Side note: At least my office is large and I have an office with a real door. I'd hate being in a cube). Unless I have meeting somewhere else at RTI, it's very easy to not see the sun all day. With sunset at 5 PMish, it is always dark on my drive home.

A few years ago when Shannon still worked, it used to be worse. At this time of year, I could go all week without seeing the sun! I suppose I should be thankful for the little sunlight I do see!

2 comments:

Doc said...

Same goes for me, but you always have weekends.

And honestly, I'm more excited about seeing Kendal and Ana at night, so the lack of sunlight is replaced with baby smiles!

"nonaserm" - Medication to prevent narcolepsy during church?

Analee said...

i don't like the early darkness either, but i do love the EARLY morning sunlight! i wish the sun could come up at 5am when i woke up. that hour or two of morning darkness makes me more depressed than the early sunset.